Tuesday 19 March 2013

More Pratt material uncovered

Every few months I am lucky enough to get sent another collection of old wargaming material.

Today I opened a huge box full of previously unknown Fletcher Pratt naval wargaming material. This belonged to Dan Dorcy, who revived the Pratt game in the 1960-70's and was in touch with Pratt umpire, Doc Clarke.

At last I have the formula and equations used by Pratt to generate his game. They were apparently the same ones as used by the USN for their wargames.

I am now hunting a shoe box in Yorkshire and another small box in the USA, then I will almost certainly have everything that has survived from those early Pratt games. Life is certainly interesting.

4 comments:

  1. Fascinating! Any chance of a photo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enough material for another book he asks hopefully?

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is now enough for a 2nd editon of my Pratt book. It will contain perhaps 40-50 more pages. Including some early photos of the game. The only problem is Don Featherstone, George Gush, Phil Dunn and Stuart Asquith all want me to finish their next book first. So there will be a delay, but I will get back to the Pratt book and get everything I have uncovered of interest to wargamers out there in print.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the update. I'll keep my eye out and wallet handy.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete